Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Presents for the Family

Have you ever had that moment when you have no idea how to be smart about shopping for gifts? This year has been a little tight for me and my family. With Christmas approaching and everything else that was going on around my family, Christmas shopping was the last thing on our minds. I decided to think about a better idea for gifts for my family. They say a way to a guy's anyone's heart is through their stomach. So why not bake something exquisitely delicious for our loved ones? The critically acclaimed Chilenas de Dulce de Leche (Alfajores) were the first thing that popped to my mind. I think I would like one of these Christmas boxes as well. This was a perfect way to save up money and make my family smile.


I followed the following steps:

  1. I went shopping for the Christmas boxes and all of the ingredients for the cookies
  2. I designed a Christmas card in Microsoft Office Word and printed them out on thick printing paper
  3. I baked the cookies as the recipe describes
  4. I placed wax paper inside the boxes and added about a dozen cookies 
  5. I wrote a heart-felt note on the Christmas card
  6. Delivered them with joy! 
{I baked the star-shaped alfajores to take to our family Christmas dinner for everyone to enjoy as well as a batch of homemade oreos (recipe coming up soon)}




No comments:

Post a Comment