Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Little Things: New Year's Resolution Edition

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain

"New year, new me," people say. How many of those people actually fulfill this idea? Not me, at least. I usually have the same goals every year, but growing up has introduced me to new doors I want to explore. In a way, the future frightens me terribly, but it also makes me so eagerly excited. For example, learning a new language, learning to drive, going to a college summer program, deciding what career I want to pursue, etc. In addition, this year, some of my goals include the following: 

Exploring and improving new tastes and recipes.
My love for baking has now expanded into a love for cooking. Salty or sweet, if it is created in the kitchen, count me in. This year I plan to improve and explore new tastes and recipes. I plan to continue "wow"-ing my loved ones with tastiness. Someday, I hope to become the best mom in the world who spoils her husband and children with her exquisite skills in the kitchen.

{Follow me on Pinterest and see all of the amazing recipes I've pinned. I hope to someday try them all out, which is realistically impossible}

Be healthy and fit. Eat healthy, exercise frequently, get the sleep I need, and stress less.
How many of us have said "I'll start on Monday"? Honestly, we all know we are only lying to ourselves. Being healthy, I've learned, is a lifestyle. Generally, I try to make the best choices I can to take care of myself.  I actually enjoy eating fruits and vegetables, and avoid deep fried foods as much as possible. I honestly can't resist staying up later than 10 PM on school nights and wake up bright and early every morning (9 AM is sleeping in for me). I've never touched a cigar or had a whole drink. This year, I hope to exercise more in addition to making good choices in life.

{I absolutely love Zumba, Pilates, and Aerobics in addition to my ballet experience. My mom just bought me a whole mini weights kit and fitness clothing.}


These are a few things that have made me smile this week...
 {I have spent eleven years of my life pursuing ballet. Hard work, dedication, and passion have guide me side by side through all this time, as is what my old pair of pointe shoes have written all over them (right). There is a large portion of my heart that holds on to this love for ballet. I can't wait to break in my brand new pair of pointe shoes when we get back from vacation.}

{The newest addition to the family...a beautiful minion. I'm thinking about naming him Phil Dunphy, due to my current obsession with Modern Family} 

{Obsessed with yogurt-covered pretzels. They are the perfect combination between sweet and salty savoriness} 

No comments:

Post a Comment