Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve

I am grateful to God for granting me another year of life. Although 2013 had its ups and downs, I will certainly keep my head up high and anxiously wait for what this new year has to offer. 
New Year's Eve in my family is usually very tranquil (ok, maybe a little boring). This year, my mom and I began the cooking at 8 AM sharp. We made pork leg (not my favorite, but it turned out pretty tasty), turkey medallions (stuffed with tomatos, spinach, parmesan, and olives), corn souffle, sweet potato casserole, and salad. For dessert, my aunt brought a delightful pecan pie. The "ooh's" and "aah's" and "yum's" coming from my family on the dinner table made the whole work day worth it. That is the true pleasure of cooking: seeing others enjoy what you have prepared. The rest of the evening, we sipped on wine until the clock struck 12 and the new year received us with its arms wide open. My outfit for the night consisted of a beautiful coral peplum dress with nude heels and gold accessories. They say the way you end a year will dictate how the new year will go. If this is true, then the laugh attack I had around my family at 11:59 PM on December 31, 2013, is a good sign (my dogs crashed our party and thinking the Christmas tree was an actual tree, ALMOST urinated all over it..It was priceless). 

Happy New Year, everyone! May this new year be full of blessings, laughter, love, happiness, and hope! 

{Forever21 chain bracelet, LOFT earrings, jewelry store cross bracelet} 

{The Collection peplum dress, Forever21 heels, Francesca's necklace}

No comments:

Post a Comment