Sunday, May 25, 2014

Spring Break in Paradise

The place to be during Spring Break (or in my case, Semana Santa) is the beach. You only get seven days. To breathe. To get away with sleeping 'till late, eating whatever and whenever you want, wearing your bathing suit instead of actual clothes, and running around barefoot everywhere. That was my Spring Break. My family and I decided to travel to the paradise of Roatan in the Bay Islands of Honduras. Traveling with your 50ish old parents is not always fun, but for my benefit, my 24 year old brother, his 21 year old girlfriend, and my 22 year old cousin came along. We left on Wednesday and spent the rest of the weekend on the island. It was my first time there, and I am resolved that I would definitely go back in a heart beat. We stayed in a condo in a small neighborhood called Key Hole Bay. The house was fully equipped with everything from olive oil and spices to board games and books. It was like I had lived there my entire life. 

I spent most of our time leisurely hanging around the beach, the pool, and the house deck with Allegiant on my hand. My cousin and I even jogged 3 miles on the beach to explore our surroundings. My brother, his girlfriend, and my cousin even took me out to my first night club...I practically sneaked in because I'm not old enough for an ID. I've never enjoyed a beach this much, I think. 
{The view from my room's terrace on the condo}

{I know, I know, I just never stop baking. Classic cheesecake with a side of kiwi (when there are no strawberries to make a syrup, you just have to improvise)}
{Roatan has crystal clear water and a sky with all the shades of blue}

{This was my first time banana boating as well. What a rush!}
{The neighborhood's pool was designed to image an "infinite pool" headed towards the ocean} 

{Nothing better than a cool pina colada with a cherry on top (am I the only one who thinks that looks like a heart?)}
{The view of the Bay Islands from the sky. Honduras has the second biggest coral reef in the WORLD. Heck yeah, I'm proud.One of the most beautiful sights you'll ever see.}
{The mini private beach on the neighborhood. The sound of the waves crashing could make me fall asleep in seconds}
{Fruity, healthy breakfast with a view}









No comments:

Post a Comment