Saturday, July 19, 2014

Jilly's Cupcake Bar & Cafe

After about more than a month of not posting anything on my blog, I now feel compelled to catch up with you, my dear readers. I apologize for my not so leisure. The reason for me abandoning you is completely valid. I have spent about forty hours a week dancing my heart and soul out. This summer I decided to take a ballet summer intensive for the first time in my life. Let me tell you, dear readers, that I do not regret a single second of this one month long experience. Sweat, blood, and tears have driven me into becoming a more experienced ballerina. 

However, I cannot go on until I write a single blog post about my new obsession. Go figure, I am obsessed with yet another thing. It is my love for sweets and desserts that has started this guilty pleasure. As it just happens that my brother lives about a block away from only the most amazing (and only one, I believe) cupcake shop in the St. Louis, Missouri area where I am residing. So here it goes. Enjoy, sugar lovers. 


 Jilly's Cupcake Bar
{My first weekend in St. Louis, Missouri, my brother, his roommate, my dad, and I visited Jilly's Cupcake Shop (for my dad and I's first time).}

I ate the top left cupcake, Bee Sting

Cake: Vanilla
Filling: Honey Lemon Curd
Topping: Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting, Toasted Almonds, White Chocolate Bark With Crushed Lemon Candies


My dad ate the top right cupcake, Raspberry Lemon Twist
CAKE: Lemon Cake 

FILLING: Raspberry Jam 
TOPPING: Lemon & Raspberry Cream Cheese Icing Swirl, Multi-Colored Sugar, Fresh Raspberry and Candied Lemon Peel


My brother ate the bottom right, Missylicious 
Cake: Vanilla
Filling: Vanilla Whipped Cream

Topping: Pink & Green Vanilla Buttercream


My brother's roommate ate the bottom left, Chocolate Thunder

Cake: Chocolate
Filling: Dark Chocolate Ganache
Topping: Milk Chocolate Buttercream, Vanilla Buttercream, Chocolate Shavings, Chocolate Bark

 Jilly's Cupcake Bar
{The second time around, it was just my brother and I on a little cupcake date.} 

I had the cupcake on the left, Twisted Pink Velvet

Cake: Pink Velvet
Filling: Caramel
Topping: Cream Cheese, Caramel Buttercream & Pecan Praline

My brother had the cupcake on the left, Strawberry Lemonade
CAKE: Strawberry/Lemon Swirl
FILLING: Strawberry & Lemon Whipped Cream
TOPPING: Strawberry & Lemon Buttercream, White Chocolate Straw and Lemon Candy Wedge


 Jilly's Cupcake Bar
{The third time around I went for a simple yet savory classic.}

24-Karat Carrot Cake
Cake: Carrot (made with walnuts)
Filling: Vanilla Whipped Cream
Topping: Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting, Toasted Coconut, White Chocolate Shavings & 24 Karat Gold Dust




No comments:

Post a Comment