Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Fifteen Year Old Dreamer

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away-Honduras, that is-I was born. Fifteen years ago, I was born into a wonderful family composed of the two most loving parents in the world, as well as the two most handsome older brothers anyone could have.  My mother is flawless in every way and I strive to be like her when I grow up (although some people say I already am). My father is the most hard-working man and tends to spoil me like crazy. My oldest brother is super protective yet loving at the same time. My other brother is an ambitionist over achiever. To this day, I can define my life in one single word-blessed.
To define myself is a whole other story. Firstly, I have a huge OCD issue. I am a perfectionist. I am an ambitionist and an over achiever (just like my brother). I am extremely disciplined and responsible (literally my friends' "mom"). On the bright side; however, I'm not the grandmother I seem to have described myself as. In fact, I have so many random laugh attacks and I can literally laugh at something that isn't funny at all. I also enjoy helping others, giving advices, and I try my best to look at the bright side of things. I'd say I'm also pretty good at cooking, getting good grades, dancing ballet, and playing the piano. And last but certainly not least, I love God with all my heart. 

I chose to start this blog as a reminder to any fifteen year old girl out there that there is more to life than worrying about what your hair will look like if two rain drops fall on it. Also, that there's more to life than that jerk who broke your heart. This blog will be like my own personal getaway and my hope is that it will be one to anyone who reads it too. 

Psalm 139:13-18
13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand
    when I awake, I am still with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment