Monday, October 7, 2013

Little Things

The long-awaited sixteenth birthday I've been mentioning in previous posts finally came. To celebrate my sweet sixteen, I opened the doors of my residence up in the mountain of El Hatillo to my closest friends and families. We enjoyed a wonderful Saturday starlit evening of all of my favorite things. To begin, an exquisite pina colada made by my wonderful mother. To nibble on, chips and salsa, plantain chips and creamy onion dip, and my rich and fudgey brownies. As a main dish, we had a variety of tacos and gringas (chicken, beef, or pork), topped with pico de gallo, guacamole, and spicy sauces. To end the night, we lit up 16 candles on a pastel-colored, ballet slipper inspired vanilla cake with dulce de leche filling. Nothing gets better than this.

{Sweet sixteen cake: vanilla cake with dulce de leche filling, vanilla frosting, and fondant ballet slippers, of course}

{Sunday treat: original flavored frozen yogurt topped with strawberries and blueberries}

Last week was overwhelming and tiring. Lately, that's what sophomore year seems to be going. However, I value every little time I have to spare to do all of my favorite things, like going on movie -dinner dates and shopping sprees with my mom. After watching the hottest man alive, Channing Tatum, on White House Down, we encountered this lovely yet tiny ring and I completeley fell inlove with it. We ended our night with a dinner at our favorite gourmet burger place and split an enormously indulgent burger with a side of crispy and sodium-infused fries.
{Gold-pink tiny infinity ring}

{Last Saturday's craving: In and Out's Bourbon Chicken Burger.}

No comments:

Post a Comment